Printing from the browser

Hi,
I don't know if this the right place to ask for.
I want to print a page on a jet printer .
I thought to prepare with php a page on the browser and let the user print
through the print command of the browser (but I don't want the the headers
and the footers to be printed).
Alternatively is there a function which prints directly from php?
Best regards
Antonio Bernabei