Using PHP and Oracle with NT / 2000 and IIS.

Well, I promised on making a post on how to get it running, and I've yet to clean up and find the bare minimum on using Oracle + OCI in PHP on windows...

1) PHP under IIS running as a CGI runs as IUSR_"machinename" where machinename may be some weird set of characters. Try giving IUSR read access to ORAHOME and tnsnames.ora.

2) When using OCILogon, try the method that requires the database be specified, and use the DB connect string from TNSNAMES.ora

OCILogon($username,$password,$database);

And $database would look something like...

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST= HostName)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=NameOfDb)))

Just pull it out of the tnsnames.ora file.

A combination of the above techniques should work.

-Daniel