Re: SapDB

In article <002001c29d40$007a5480$0533010a@hercules>, alejmsg@adinet.com.uy (Alejandro Michelin Salomon \) wrote:
>In this moment i need odbc for access sapdb Databases.
>In php the development, is plan to have a sapdb extension ?

Why would you need that?  Most databases expose a standardized interface
(ODBC) and it is up to PHP to provide a decent implementation to that
specification, something PHP unfortunately is lacking.

For some reason I suspect that it is equally hard to provide a decent ODBC
implementation than invent another one based in a proprietary SapDB
interface... :-)

-
Robert Sundström, Mimer SQL Development
Upright Database Technology AB, http://www.mimer.com