Session variables when global variables switched off

I am making a section on a web site which requires that visitors log-in.
Log-in, password, etc are in an MySQL table. I am using (via a web host) PHP
4.2.2 with global variables turned off. Until now, I have worked with a
different host in which global variables were switched on.

The way it works
The user logs in at index.php. When she does so successfully, index.php
returns a menu of links. However, if she clicks on any of those links, which
are different pages, she gets a please log-in first message

eBusiness Consultant - ITP Europe
http://www.itp-europe.com
j.baumgartner@itp-europe.com
+32 2 721 51 00