Re: List Server Configuration; Was [Import text file]

Mitch, et al --

...and then mitch@mdmiller.com said...
%
% Well ... in fact, most lists that I've been on use the Reply-To header to
% automate this.  MOST email clients I have used do not recognize email as

That doesn't make it right :-)

% "list email" and while they have a Reply and Reply All option, I've never

That doesn't mean they're doing it right :-)

% seen a Reply-List option.

That doesn't mean it doesn't exist :-)

%
% So ... what is right, and who is broke could be argued all day.  The one
% I've seen used the most would be implemented as a change to the list
% server.

I invite you to surf over to

and have a read on why this is such a bad idea.

%
% -- Mitch

Now back to our regularly schedule discussions...

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork@justpickone.org  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"