RE: Uploading an image then storing it in a MySQL blob field

Regardless of the final decision (directory vs BLOB) this topic is covered
just about every week on this list. If you check the archives you'll find a
wealth of information out there regarding uploading, storing and retrieving
images and the benefits and disadvantages of each possibility.

If you've already made your decision and you're just looking for raw code,
check http://www.phpclasses.org/ or http://freshmeat.net/ and you should
find a wealth of resources there.