Odd browser problem with sessions

I have a web site that is protected using sessions, and it works fine.
Only occasionally
when a end-user tries to log in using IE the login screen will just
reload, every time they
try to log in. I found that by closing IE (all windows) then trying again,
it will go on to the
proper page. This behavior appears to only effect IE, I saw it once on
either Netscape
or Mozilla (I don't recall which), and no one I've talked to on the phone
has had this
problem in any browser other than IE, and there have been many calls about
this. Any
idea what this might be caused by?
Thanks,
--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (Then why do I have 8? Somebody help me!)