RE: Authenticating through a php script

One reason you might be having difficulty is if the remote host does the
basic authentication procedure of checking that the username/password is
being submitted from a specific host or script (in which case it will see
that you're attempting to submit the information from somewhere else and
won't allow it). Have you verified with the owners of the remote application
that what you are trying to do is not prevented?

-mo