Database Limitations

When I used to use perl to code, I ran into an issue where I would get an
error from the DBI module when i tried to insert more than 8000 characters
at one time.

I know php has it's own postgres functions, we use postgres, and I was
wondering if there where any limitations like that in php?

I know my limitation in perl was not perl or postgres, it was the DBI module
that we were using.

Thanks!

Brian Taylor
Web Developer