RE: denying access to folders/files

Not sure what's the question or the answer below... but anyway. To
protect your files, store them outside of the webroot or in the database
and use a PHP file to serve them up. The PHP file will check the
authentication or whatever of the user and if it's valid, serve up the
file to them with a proper header() call and sending the data of the
file.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/