Re: Re: blob

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 15:52, Jeffrey_N_Dyke@Keane.com wrote:

> I agree with this method.  i have not yet seen an advantage of storing
> blobs in a database.  Is there one?  i'm sure those on this list would have
> an opinion if there was one.  personally, i like storing all this stuff on
> the file system.

There is one advantage. You must either chown the upload directory to
the user that your web-server runs as, or chmod it to be world-writable.
When creating a web-application that you plan to distribute (like
Slashcode), you can't assume that your users will have that privilege.
So, storing it in MySQL is a great option.

--Dave