Oracle connectivity question...

	OK.  I think I now have Oracle support built into PHP/Apache.  The
biggest hiccup for HP-UX seems to be that once you add Oracle support to
PHP, you CANNOT built PHP as a DSO, PHP MUST be compiled into Apache.  Once
again, I think this is the case, I am still not completely sure at this
point.

	I am now receiving an error on trying to connect to the Oracle
database that I do not understand, but leads me to believe that the PHP
Oracle support is functioning.  Here is the code I am attempting:

<?php
$connection = OCILogon("userid", "password") or die ("Unable to logon to
database.");
# phpinfo();
?>

	Here is the error I am receiving:

Warning: OCISessionBegin: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available in
/www/DW/oratest.php on line 10
Unable to logon to database.
	The code I am attempting is simply to verify successful connectivity
to the database.  I know that this doesn't really do anything, but I am
trying this simply to test for a successful connection.  Please let me know
if you have any ideas or suggestions.  Thanks again.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  sn4265@sbc.com
Web:  http:\\ldsa.sbcld.sbc.com