Re: displaying duplicate records...

What I ment was that when using the GROUP by, you will see one of the
duplicates, and if you output the 'cnt' value you would see how many times
it has a duplicate. But I want to see all duplicate records in a table, so I
can add a delete button to the row.

If I have the email address as a PRIMARY i would very much like to know how
I would handle the input by the user when it is send to the database. I
assume it will generate an error upon submission. How do I go about letting
the user know they have entered an already existing address?

"Ignatius Reilly" <ignatius.reilly@free.fr> wrote in message
030801c29b8b$8bd88ee0$0100005a@server">news:030801c29b8b$8bd88ee0$0100005a@server...
> I do not understand your first question.
> Your query in effect shows duplicates.
>
> To prevent future duplicates, you can do it in two ways:
>
> 1. with MySQL:
> create a unique index on what should be unique, most likely the email (it
> looks like your business logic implies one entry per email)
> in fact you would not have this problem if you had defined email as
PRIMARY
> KEY
>
> But you will have to remove the duplicates first - an unpleasant job.
> AFAIK, there is no easy way to do it with MySQL (or SQL in general). You
> have to do it procedurally by calling the entire table row by row.
>
> 2. Procedurally:
> validate user data before entry in the DB
>
> HTH
> Ignatius

FROM