Re: Session questions

Here's a couple of suggestions:

1) You can use javascript to trap the window's closure and create a new
window that simply calls one of your scripts that closes the session.
This is not 100% foolproof, however, so you need to come up with a
backup plan, like closing sessions automatically with a batch process in
the backend.

2) That's easy enough--just store a "unique token" in their session and
in the database when they log in. If, when they come to you with a
particular user id they do not have the right token, then that means
that either (a) somebody is trying to steal a session or (b) two people
have signed on with the same username, in which case you can decide who
gets the boot. This, too, is not a completely foolproof method
(particularly if you don't use SSL), but it's a good starting point.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marco

--
php|architect - The magazine for PHP Professionals

Come visit us at http://www.phparch.com!