Re: MySQL password protection?

And make sure you make sure the webserver will not SERVE that file!!!  You
see the source, see that you are fopening the file, I'll find it on your
system and get it from the web server and I have your password!

Make sure the file is NOT in the document root that the web server serves
from.  You could also just use the file ".htpasswd", usually by default web
servers will NOT serve any file named that.  However, much safer to put it
somewhere that the web server cannot see (but your PHP script can).

Also, this is just as insecure as the other way to any person with a login
on the box your PHP script is in.  Usually the script is owned by
nobody:nobody or read-write all, in which case all local users can get your
password.

The nobody method at least keeps no password.

Peter