Re: MySQL password protection?

Create a user "nobody" with no password and give that user select, update,
delete and insert capabilities in your DB and can only connect from
localhost (or a certain host).  This way they have to be on localhost in
order to gain access to your tables, and only then be able to do what your
nobody user can do.

Then you need to make sure nobody can gain access to localhost without
express permission (i.e. plug all security holes).

Why are you showing people your source-code that has your password in it?

Peter