Re: localhost versus remote

Please stop responding to the list.  Your problems are far to simple to
bother everyone on the list.

I have no idea what you mean when you say "locally" or "remote."

Basically your problem is that your script does not see any of the
variables.  They are empty or not set.  They are not getting passed from
the form.  Who knows.  php.ini configured differently locally than
remotely.

I assume that Server1 is local and server2 is remote.  The problem is that
server2 probably hasn't got "register_globals" turned on.

Do this:

Change all your variables that you don't define in your script to this:

$GLOBALS[icao]
$GLOBALS[name]
$GLOBALS[country]
$GLOBALS[sort]

etc.  Also, to see if they even exist, use this:

echo "<pre>";
print_r($_GET);  // or use print_r($_POST) if you are using a POST instead of a GET method for your form
echo "</pre>";

This prints out all the variables stored.

I would also see if the variables are empty (which they are from what you
show).  Put this line in your script:

if (empty($ton)) die("variable ton is empty ($ton).  Global: ({$GLOBALS[ton]}) POST ({$_POST[ton]}) GET ({$_GET[ton]})");

If it dies there, it will print out the Global, Post and Get variables of
"ton" to see if they exist there.  If they do, then you know you have to
change the variables in your script to those variables in order to get this
to work.

Do you know what version of PHP you are using locally and remotely?  If
remotely is not above 4.0.0, then there is different values for _POST and
_GET.

Peter