URGET HELP : Logic Help - for first record do_this for each record after do_that

Hey guys,

Not really off topic as this involves some Db work as I have to query
the DB.

Got a logic problem that was jumped dumped on me from UPS (dummys!).

Basically I need to pull some records out of a database and for the
first record do_this logic and for each record after in the array
do_something_else logic.

How would I approach this?

something like:

for ($first_record) {