RE: Credit Card Info & Cryptography

Maybe you do,

Bt I run a _client_dictates_the_development_requirments business. It not
not be that expensive but to some clients who are trying to give it a go
it can mean a lot.

Am I to tell them I won't accept their business? No - what I am to do is
provide them with the best alternative which is storing the encrypted
credit card info until it has been downloaded then wipe it from the
system. Perfect? Hell no but a solution nonetheless.

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't be storing credit card info -
encrypted or otherwise - but sometimes life and business just isn't
perfect. I would rather develop a solution like this for them instead of
them going to some hack who could give 2 shits about security.

My clients dictate the development and I provide the expert and
cautionary advive. If they are willing to be obtuse about the process
then who I am to balk?

Just my thoughts.

Aaron

P.S. Cheap shot comments like that of yours serve no purpose for
learning here.