Re: Just curious about the echo commnad

> > HTML tags require quotes, which have to be escaped in PHP, I
<snip>

I picked up this useful tip from another PHP newsgroup ages ago - one of
those real smack your forehead moments...

instead of...

echo "<P class=\"foo\">bar</P>";

I use

echo "<P class='foo'>bar</P>";

(note the use of single quotes)

- not too sure how compatible this method is with XML ( I THINK you have
uses double quotes around attribute values) - but for plain old HTML it
works fine.

you could use

echo '<P class="foo">bar</P>";

but it makes variable replacement ugly :(

echo '<P class="foo">' . $bar . '</P>';

as apposed to...

echo "<P class='foo'>$bar</P>";

Hope this helps