Re: Just curious about the echo commnad

My personal test for how to do it is how much is being echoed. Since many
HTML tags require quotes, which have to be escaped in PHP, I prefer to
close PHP and go back into HTML. This avoids the inevitable bugs when I
forget to escape the quote.  If, however, I have something short I will
just echo it with PHP.

There is one performance factor to consider, it's best to reduce opening
and closing PHP since each time you open it there is another call to the
server (I think - please correct me if I'm wrong!) which could in theory
slow down your page loading, but I'm not sure how much this really matters.
Anyone out there know anything about this?

-Lisi