From: "Steve Vernon" <steve@extremewattage.co.uk>
To: <php-db@lists.php.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 9:46 PM
Subject:  Custom Sort Order in MySQL

Hiya,
    Just wondering what is the best way to get some data out of a database
in cutom order.

    They all have grades like A*, A, B, C and some are grade Secret.

    If I sort them by grade secret is at the bottom, I would like this at
the top. I realise I could get all the Secret's, then A*, then A as seperate
calls, but id prefer to get them all in the correct order as I belive this
will be faster.

                    Thanks!

                    Steve