RE: [PHP] Re: Need help with HTTP-Authentication

Hi David,.

> Http authentication is probly  not what you would want to
> use.  Especially if you want to program in timeouts, you
> would be better off using session based login variables.
> Cookies are even better with an encrypted pasword that has a
> windows of time that you have to goto other pages to renew.
>
> Why HTTP auth?
>
> Is it mandatory?

Well its not mandatory i gues. I just thought that using
HTTP-Authentication was one of the more secure ways of a login system?
But i have heared not thats not the case, so i might go for a login
system with sessions instead, or cookies. What would u use and why? What
excactly do u mean with timeouts?

> I know this hasnt been any help, sorry!

Thats okay;-) Keeps the discusion alive;-)

Best regards,

Davy Obdam,
mailto:info@davyobdam.com