Oracle problem

Hi,

Has anyone out there using PHP and Oracle come across this problem?  I have
a text area that allows free-form text that I store in a varchar2 column.  I
have problems with apostrophes in the free-form text.  When users put in an
apostrophe the SQL fails.  If I force 3 apostrophes (the usual Oracle method
of embedding apostrophes) the SQL fails.  The only way to get round the
problem is to strip them out (which I consider a work-around not a fix).

Can anyone help?

Neil Morgan
Admin Computing Section
University of Brighton