Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in

Hi friends,
I used to have a dedicated server, i recently bought shared hosting, immediately after that i am getting the following error message,

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in

The code works fine on previous server and on my machine, can it be a php version issue , but in my local server and shared hosting both are PHP5.

--
Regards,
Abhishek jain