  From: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Pete
  Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:39 AM
  To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re:  OOP & OOP Books

  In message <HKEALLGMHHNBDLKCMMLPGEPMCBAA.gentlemike2@xxxxxxxxxxx>, MLC
  <gentlemike2@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes
  >The greatest advantage of OOP in my mind is portability. Any OOP code
  >writer will have a library of classes he/she uses either to use as they
are,
  >or as the basis for extension classes. This almost always makes projects
  >come together quicker. The encapsulation OOP offers improves security,
  >which I think is a great benefit also.

  Do you not think that a set of functions when correctly written, can
  also give portability?

  I tend to keep a "functions.php" for simpler stuff, and various OOPs for
  items which are more complicated. So, "convert kilometres to miles"
  goes in functions, and sending emails with loads of options, are in OOP
  files

  > From: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
  >Behalf Of markwatling@xxxxxxxxx
  >(Please send responses direct to me & not to the list)
  >
  > Mark

  My personal preference is to see all responses on the list - after all,
  that's what the list is for, isn't it?

  --
  Pete Clark

  Hot Costa - Local Spain