Re: import data from excel to mysql

--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sridhar" <sridhar_vpy@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>   Is it possible to import the data from excel to mysql database using php coding.I need to satisfy the following condition to append that code:
>          1.If employee mobile no already exists in database the the record not to inserted(same as email id).
>
> Please help me,if any one have code for to import data from excel,i already have csv import but my client asking to do excel import.
>
> Thanks
> D.Sridhar

now i see 2 tasks in your question
1.reading the data from csv file(excel)
2.phone number is not duplicate values

for thse 2 problems
1. we can read data from the csv file , csv file is a comma separated values in excel and you can read the csv file using normal file read functions and extract the values using ',' separated value.
2. after you got the values check in database if the phone number is existead or not and when creating the database table for this take phone number as primary key