Help with MySQL - Not necessarily PHP related

Does anyone know of a good source (forum or other discussion type of venue)
for assistance with MySQL?   I'm building an app that has some fairly
complicated search functions, with a few million records, and I'm having
some problems with the speed at which the query is running.   If someone
here is experienced in building optimized search queries, maybe we can
discuss the matters off the board.

Thanks
Brian