Re: How to send million emails

If you are going to send millions of mails "at a time" then you are a
spammer.   I doubt you manage a millions of suscriptions, or that you
are ready to get millions of remove petittions once it is sent.  So you
are playing with email lists got from ... you know where you get them.

Any normal mailserver could send them, they just put the mails in queue
and the mail server has to manage them as it is configured.  The
additional problems are:
- Once you begin your spam you will get banlisted soon by several main
mail servers, like hotmail, yahoo, etc...  Then you will get the second
problem.
- Your mail queue will be a mess, plemty of emails banned and emails
still pending to send them.  This causes the next problem.
- Your server CPU will begin to increase and it will stop mail server to
send more mails until it is down again, and sometimes it can cause a
full server block due you are sending mails to your queue, but it is
stopped because your own process to send mails increases the CPU.   If
it happens then you are in a  cul-de-sac, that only could be fixed
stopping the process and let the queue to process current stored emails.

Solutions:
- Send them automatically but not "at time".  Use usleep() to send
mail() by mail() with a little time space betwen mails.  This will help
to save CPU.
- Use several mail servers to send the mails, in order to balance the
big process.
- As you said you can pay anything, you can use third party mail
services, like graphicmail.com, where you'll get reports too, but they
do not like spammers.
- Be prepared if banned from mail servers in order to apologize and try
to unban your mail server from them.

About the 100MB by customer, you'll need to create ftp access better
than http access beause http access does not let you to resume an upload
easyly in case of lost connection.

Regards,
jan