Image Manipulation using PHP

Hello all ,
I have been searching on internet for some simple functions that may
help me in manipulating images automatically. while searching I came across a nice article containing some sample codes of manipulating images like reducing size, rotating, etc , which  are good to practice. Here is that article might be helpful to you as well.
http://www.ezdia.com/Image_Manipulation_using_PHP/Content.do?id=650