From: finals27 <finals27@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  running phpmyadmin using wamp server
To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, October 18, 2009, 5:47 PM

i have installed wamp on my computer and when i access phpmyadmin i get the following error

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

i already have xampp installed on my computer, i want to learn smarty templates so i am using wamp for the sake of learning smarty, i do not want to install smarty on xampp as it is already configured with other settings so i would like to use wamp

i am using windows xp service pack 2

i have chaned the port to 81 in the httpd.conf configuration file of wamp and changed server name to localhost:81 so i access wamp as

http://localhost: 81 this works fine, from this page when i click on phpmyadmin link i get the error

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

i have followed the steps from the following links

http://www.wampserv er.com/phorum/ read.php? 2,30300

http://forums. macosxhints. com/showthread. php?t=58057

i have tried stopping all services and restarted wamp service  however i am not able to access phpmyadmin but i am able to access wamp as

http://localhost: 81 and any files i create in the wamp/www folder

please advice.

thanks