Re: Data feeds .. Help Needed !!!!!!!!!!!!

In message <139325.84264.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Reji Jayan
<for_rejijayan@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>Yes its something with XML...
>
>i cant explain it since i dont know how the solution,
>
>already the child site is configured with products which is in the mother site
>(manually),
>
>but at last client hand over this (ftp) to me saying that you have to
>program such a way that all the new updates will be reflected in the site
>(child).
>
>and he gave me ftp a/c to me i could only find CSV's on that.

XML and FTP should look different. Can you post a line or two from it?

Is the CSV being updated (with new products and product changes)?

Is there any confidential data in it?  Like costs, profits, etc? Or is
it just selling prices and product details?

Can you see the CSV if you reach it with a browser? If it is regular CSV
file, and it is in the public area of the site, you should be able to
reach it via a browser.

The way that the information SHOULD be supplied to you, is via a page
containing XML - you write a program to read the page, and add the data
from it to your page.  I don't know why he is giving you CSV and FTP.

--
Pete Clark

Hot Costa - Local Spain
http://www.hotcosta.com