Re: Php Survey(Questionnaire), Need Help!

Tnx, a lot, i'll give it a try, and if I stumble , hope get some help from you guys :D

--- On Thu, 5/7/09, Joe Forsythe <jforsythe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Joe Forsythe <jforsythe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Php Survey(Questionnaire), Need Help!
To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 7:07 PM

      You have 2 basic options for getting info from forms:

1. $_POST['name_ of_form_field' ]

2. $_GET['name_ of_form_field' ]

There is a third option: $_REQUEST[], but if you use it all the fury

of hell and PHP nerds everywhere will be unleashed upon you. (In

other words, don't use it.)

To check that the form was submitted, you'll use isset(), so

something like this:

if (isset($_POST[ 'name_of_ a_hidden_ field']))

The basic logic there is "If 'name_of_hidden_ field' has a value, that

must mean the form was posted." I also like to check and make sure

the form request came from the server the page was on since you can

send all of that stuff to your page from a totally different site.

After that, it all boils down to form validation and what you want to

do with the information.

I'd google "PHP forms" -- it will net you all sorts of tutorials.

Then you can come back here and post your code for us to laugh at...

I mean assist you with. :)

--

Joe