Re: Can I update mysql DB from local pc

Hello,

I have just added my local PC IP Address in section >>Add Access Host>>
Host (% wildcard is allowed):

now what will be next step ?

When i create a file my_connection in php, i use script like this

define('DB_USER', 'root');
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'abcd');
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');
define('DB_NAME', 'abcd');

and i do upload it on server...

but in this case what to do next ? Please try to guide me
properly..Please..

Thanks,
Arvind

--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Brian H <brianh781@...> wrote:

> You will have to add a user to the database, and then log in as that
user
> from your PC.  When you add the user, you put an IP address with it.
>
> Read the "GRANT" statement syntax documentation on mySQL's website.
>
> If you have the database hosted on a server with CPanel, you can add
your IP
> address to the "Access Hosts" section, AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MYSQL
> ADMINISTRATION SCREEN.  Then, just log in with the user name and
password
> that you normally connect to the database with.
>
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 5:06 PM, arvindsri123 <arvindsri123@...> wrote:
>
> >   Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for reply...
> >
> > I didn't get u properly..
> >
> > I am telling u what i have...
> >
> > I have a DB which is hosted on server, what i want to update
> > DB/Table/Data from local PC, I have My CP userid, Pass and also have
> > db id/pass...
> >
> > now please tell me exactly where to go and where exactly i need make
> > changes..
> >
> > I will be really thank full to you..
> >
> > As I am not a expert..but i want to do this..please help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Arvind
> >
> > --- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<php-objects%40yahoogroups.com>, Brian