Re: Re: Can I update mysql DB from local pc

You will have to add a user to the database, and then log in as that user
from your PC.  When you add the user, you put an IP address with it.

Read the "GRANT" statement syntax documentation on mySQL's website.

If you have the database hosted on a server with CPanel, you can add your IP
address to the "Access Hosts" section, AT THE BOTTOM OF THE MYSQL
ADMINISTRATION SCREEN.  Then, just log in with the user name and password
that you normally connect to the database with.