Re: Quest regarding Google translate API

In message <209037.57009.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anees
<anees_muhd@xxxxxxxxx> writes
>Hi,
>i have a classifieds listing site running in English developed using
>PHP
>now we are developing the Arabic version of it.
>
>We have almost finished the images and alignment problems fixing for
>the pages.
>
>But my doubt,
>
>Is there any Google API in PHP available that converts from one
>language to another?

I have various sites in multiple languages - one to be released next
week is http://www.barterwithbart.com which has five languages under the
hood, awaiting final translation.

I haven't found any way to automatically translate text, and doubt if
you will either.

Here in Spain, various Spanish web sites have their text translated into
English automatically.  I am a native English speaker - but I don't
understand them! I have to read them in the original Spanish.

If you want your site to look foolish, use an autotranslator - we
recently had one working with Google Translate, pushing the text into
the fields, and scraping the result. It was a good start for the human
translators.

If you want your site to look cheap, use any translation program.

If you want your site to look professional, you HAVE to use humans.

--
Pete Clark

Got any spare time? Anything you need? Barter in Spain
Pre-register for free at http://BarterWithBart.com