Re: NEED HELP : Refresh table content

I have an example script which is easy to implement and i have implement it
number of times. here it is:<script language="javascript">
function CreateNewHttpObject() //Create an Instance of HTTP request.
{
var xmlHttp=null;
try{  // Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari
  xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest();
}
catch (e){  // Internet Explorer
try{
xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
}
   catch (e){
xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
}
  }
return xmlHttp;

}
function DisplayOutput (divID, dataSource)
{
               var dataSource;

  dataSource=invitation.php?email=''+document.getElementById('txtemail');
var ObjHttp= new CreateNewHttpObject();
if(ObjHttp)
{
var obj = document.getElementById(divID);
ObjHttp.open("GET", dataSource);
ObjHttp.onreadystatechange = function()
{
if (ObjHttp.readyState == 4 && ObjHttp.status == 200)
obj.innerHTML = ObjHttp.responseText;
}
ObjHttp.send(null);
}
}
</script>
and set method call in send invitation button as

onsubmit="return DisplayOutput('DivContainer');"

where DivContainer is your  expected display area by the output
of invitation.php file.
hope it helps you.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM, aslam doctor <aslam.doctor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hello friends,
>
> I am developing an email invitation system, just like Gmail provides in
> bottom left corner box ('Invite a friend' box)
>
> I want to know that after entering the email & submitting the from, how is
> it possible to reload only that block of invitation form,
>
> Not the whole page. I know ajax will be used for that, but I am still new
> for ajax, Though I can used XAJAX package which is pretty simple,
> But they don't provide such feature that I need, or may be they provide, I
> have never found it in its documentation.
>
> Whatever, if I get any reference from you friends for this "Referesh the
> block on page" technique, It will be very helpful for me & also others who
> needs the same thing.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> A.M.Doctor