Re: online usre counter

>From my point of view, maintain a database table to store currently logged
in users along with last activity time. And for every refresh of your site,
find out those users who's activity time is greater then 15 minute(or
whatever you like) and delete it immediately.

On the other hand, for currently logged in users, update activity time with
current time for every page refresh. So that you can track logged in
members.

Finally, all members of this table are currently logged in members. So
display them in your preferred format

Maintain another table for guest users and Repeat above logics.

Hope it helps you

Aminul

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 2:26 AM, shoeb masum <shoeb_ruet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I need to show the total number of online users separately in logged and
> guest user. Please help me

Md. Aminul Islam
http://www.shopno-dinga.com
Mob: 01671-670797