Re: Creating a summary sheet - Ref Connection MySQL and SQL server

Ugh! Is there any way that you can have a process scheduled to get
information into one database type or the other for these purposes?

I have a feeling the answer to that is a big, fat, no. I would say to
start there and try. In the end it would probably save your company
the time and resources (i.e. $$$) to do something closer to that. I
generally find that when you start raising the issue of $$$, it will
get you a lot more leeway.

So, let's pretend you've tried that and got nowhere.

Alright, then, what you're left with is queries. A bunch of them. And
looping. "Bunch" is the operative word because there's not really a
way to do a single, big, SQL query to cross reference the two types
databases.

That I know of, at least.

It just doesn't seem like a real good idea in practice, but someone
on the list may have a sample piece of code that does just that and
entirely blows my mind.
--
Joe