Need to create an API

Hi Experts,

We need to create a API to allow a windows system to post 2-3 fields of data to our mysql database.
The concerns are reliability, speed and security.
1) What protocol should be used?
2) They need to create an API to allow us to post data to their system.

Can you please give me sugestions to implementing the above task.

Thanks,
Gangadhar

      Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php