RE: php script to run window program

Hi,

What manika wants is still unclear to me. Does he want to launch the
programs at the client machine or at the server? If at server, exec()
might work. If on windows client, giving link to the program in sys root,
might not work. Neither of codes below worked on my machine.

<?php

//Code - A
echo '<a href="C:\WINDOWS\system32\calc.exe">Calculator</a> ';

//Code - B
echo '<a href="file:///C:/WINDOWS/system32/calc.exe">Calculator</a> ';

//Code - C
echo '<a href="/WINDOWS/system32/calc.exe">Calculator</a> ';

?>

Regards,
Manda Krishna Srikanth
http://www.krishnasrikanth.com

php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 02/22/2008 02:28:59 PM:

> Windows should recognise the name and open the appropriate application,
but
> it's down to the users individual configuration.
>
> Rob.

On
> Behalf Of manika bhatia
> Sent: 22 February 2008 05:20
> To: php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject:  php script to run window program
>
> I have a button when I click on button I want to execute an outer file
like i
> upload file
> but now i open it.
> thanks