web service

Hi Every one,
 I want to write a web service.
 server is php and cleint is .net.

 my requirement is that i want to return product list (all the product or single product -- that depend on the id we are getting from client machine ) from an oscommerce site.the client is .net and the server is php.

 Actually i dont know anything abt the webservices. Can anybody help me.

With Regards
  Binoy.M.V