Re: Link a file that does a function

A method that I use that has worked quite well for me is to create a
file called "functions.php" that includes scripts that get called by
more that 1 page in my applications. The way you just write the code
once and if you make a change here it changes site wide.
Then in each page that requires access to one or more of these
functions I just put an <?php include('functions.php');?> line near
the top of each page.
eg:
In the "functions.php" page, create a function like:
function getLocalTime()
{
  $timestamp=time( );
  $seconds = 6*60*60;
  $timestamp-= $seconds;
  $tz = "CST";

  $localtime= date("m/d/Y H:i:s",$timestamp) ;
  $localdate = substr($localtime, 0,10);
  $localtime = substr($localtime, 11,8);

  return $localtime;
}

Then in one of my web pages, I would do something like:
<?php
include('functions.php');
echo getLocalTime();
?>