Re: Re: Displaying the count

In message <fkrbnb+ug8p@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ken <ken.poyser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes
>I found the solution!!!
>and it works!!!
>
>I added the following code inside the   while statement
>

>           $sql1 = "SELECT ORI from $table_name where ORI = '$ori'";
>           $result1 =@mysql_query($sql1, $connection) or die
>(mysql_error());
>           $eagycount = @mysql_num_rows($result1);

I think that you are correct, that there isn't a way to do it properly,
i.e, all in one SQL command, because of the poor database design,
containing all that repeated data.

But I think that you will find "SELECT COUNT(ORI) FROM $table_name WHERE
ORI = '$ori'" is going to be faster, but with the number of extra
queries that you have had to introduce, there isn't going to be a quick
method.

--
Pete Clark

Sunny Andalucia