Re: Re: sending variables to many pages

hi ram,
  i ve a problem, i want to restrict access to phpmyadmin on network environment so dt on the server that is running phpmysql , somebody from another system will not be able to access phpmyadmin on that server. the reason is that i tried to access phpmyadmin on my server from another system and i entered this url  http://serversystem/phpmyadmin/
  from a system with computer name system1 and it worked. i was able to modify the content of the database from anoda system which is too porous , what if somebody wants to break in and destroy the database? there should be a way of really blocking access to phphmyadmin remotely may be an interface that will ask for user name and password before getting to phpmyadmin

  pls i need this , pls reply soon

ram kumar <ram_viswa2004@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

mario_soflano <mario_soflano@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: use session is the best solution

--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vahid tonal <vahid_tomorrow@...>
wrote:

> hi
> ram
>
> in my login page i have a variables like $users which give
different value in diffrenet cases .
> i need to use this value in another page (for example mail.php )
>
> how can i use this variable ( $user ) in mail.php
>
> with a lot of thanks , it is realy emergency .

Hai,

What method you use? - GET / POST

DO you use the form in the page? pass the parameter in the address

that means

first Page Form method:

action="mail.php?user=<? echo $user;?>"

In Mail.php:

$user=$_REQUEST['user']; (get the value in $user varible);

here the $user varible is single time use, that means next page the same coding repeated.

But here the value is visible in the address bar.

Another Method Session:

write a intermediate page

action="setvar.php?user=<? echo $user;?>"

In setvar.php:

session_start();
$_SESSION['var']=$user;

here set the session variable name 'var'.
do you want change the value please repeat and pass the different value in $user.

In mail.php:

session_start();
$user=$_SESSION['var'];

You can get the session value at any page.(write these two lines)

OK bye, Take Care

With Regards
RAMKUMAR VISWA