Re: the class of smtp sendmail

--- In php-objects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Muhammad Sohail Khan
<mskmarwat@...> wrote:

> Actually some of my customers dosnt recieve email having .net email
account. i use smtp mail and was using pear email.but then i figure
out that the problem is not here in my program but the problem is on
the recieving end.i create fake email with .net email account and send
email to them , and i recieve email.

If you are running your own mail server, you MUST make sure it is
configured correctly as a bad setup can cause no end of problems jut
like this.

You never said if your emails were being returned or simply not being
delivered (blackholed).
If they are being returned as "undeliverable", check your
configuration, and the email addresses, as the problem IS on your end.
If they are being "blackholed", you need to see if you have been
blacklisted AND check your configuration.

What do you mean by "fake email with .net email account"?
If you just created a ".net" email account locally on your own mail
server, that isn't going to test anything.

If you mean you acquired a free email account with a ".net" extension
to test with and your email worked, but still does not work with an
ISP provided ".net" email, then you should check if your domain has
been blacklisted by the ISP mail servers for some reason.

I think DNS Stuff (http://www.dnsstuff.com/) has some free tools you
can use to help diagnose your problems.