Email acknowledgement using SMTP

Hi all,

There are several codes in PHP to send Emails using SMTP or any other
technique. The normal process is that once you click the submit
button, it displays a "message sent" or "message not sent" depending
on your logging into the webserver and other facts. If the "To Address
(mail id)" is a wrong mail id also the message "message sent" popsup
of the authentication is right. Later, in the course, we receive a
mail in our webserver (senders mail id) that the message was not
delivered.

My query at this juncture is that "Can't this message not delivered to
the target To Address (mail id) not be trapped in the sending PHP
program itself". Please respond only if there are any solutions.

Regards,

tvks