Smarty - Search Engine Friendly URLS

Hi Friend,
I am using Smarty to use the templates in my websites.
However, I have no idea how I can use the Search Engine Friendly
links (SEF).

Just look at the problem below:

My link currently is: [site]/?page=40
I wanted: [site]/pages/[date]/title.php.

If I use it using Apache's mod_rewrite,
I can not manitain the links to the images, as they move from
[site]/images to something like [site]/pages/[date]/images/ and
the images will not be displayed.

What can I do?

Bimal
[Share your links sending me email, if you have a useful link]
http://links.bimal.net.np/