Re: validate user

In message <557349bd0704032002q24eea616o26d568448cb9fab5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
, Fernando Murrieta <fernando.murrieta@xxxxxxxxx> writes
>Ahora déjame decirte que tu inglés es terrible! resulta casi imposible
>comprender lo que dices. No basta con poner palabras en inglés a las frases
>en español ( I wait --> I hope ). Asi que mejor le seguimos en español :-)

Fernando, this is not a language class.  I agree that it was difficult
to understand the question, but that is no reason to complain, or even
mention it.  Many (most?) internet users do not have English as their
first language.

And if we are going to allow complaints here, then your answer should
have been in English, to help others who do not understand Spanish.

>Cuando tus usuarios se den de alta no permitas que usen nombres y/o claves
>que ya existen, puedes hacer una consulta a la base de datos antes de darlos
>de alta y si ya existe no permitirlo ( y le pides que escoja otro nombre y/o
>clave ) también puedes hacer un índice único en tu tabla de usuarios (en la
>base de datos directamente) para que la base de datos no admita duplicados
>(cuidado: al tratar de crear un duplicado marcará un error, debes saber que
>hacer).

I agree that he should check to see if the user is already in the
database.  Also that, the database should be set to have a unique index
on username.  A unique index should not be relied on for this system,
since the error message on duplication will be unhelpful, and may not
allow the user to choose another name.

--
Pete Clark

Sunny Andalucia