Re: copy database from one server to another

Tarun-

Here is a link to a tool from MySQL which might save you some headaches-
http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/migration-toolkit/

It says it allows server-to-server migration and you can do it from
your desktop.

Just my personal opinion- Rethink directory structure/ database design
while you have the opportunity during the move to not store the images
directly.
Use a simple text or char field and store the image(s) file(s) name(s)
while the images themselves can be uploaded in zip files and unzipped
directly on the server.
I would, personally, never directly store an image because it is just
too in-efficient.
I would rather be able to call an array of file names from my DB for
use on a site since I could, theoretically, retrieve an unlimited
number of image links in 1 call and insert them using an array, rather
than 1 call for each image (which is what it sounds like you may have).
If a client needs to add images, that is a simple matter for a form.

That is only a personal opinion. Others with more experience may see
it differently.

Quote:
---now another point , it will take tooooooooooooooo much time to
upload it to restore, and if some error occurs, how long will u upload
and how many times u will face the problem.----

This is going to take time, effort, and bandwidth no matter what. No
way around it.

I have not personally used the Migration Toolkit, but it looks like it
might solve some of your problems.
Hope this helps.